Oana Marinescu

by Sherif Awad

Oana Marinescu

I have started late, when I was  around 34 years-old as I saw the gym as a therapy. It became a passion 2-3 years after. Bodybuilding helped me to gain confidence and it changed the way         I was thinking about myself and my image. I am new in this: I only train for around six years and not more than four years competing. I had and have no role models but I can only say that           I admire some hardworking bodybuilders.


I am training and building my body as I feel like, it is a passion. Sure, it needs special diet and gym program when I prepare for a competition, but otherwise, it’s just what I feel, no strict diets, no stress.


As I said, it’s my passion and I want to remain like this, not to become a stress, a “must do” or a “I’m not allowed that food”.


I am a Romanian-born and the only IFBB Pro WPD in my country. I don’t feel challenges and I don’t care about people’s opinion on social media...people judged me before this, too, as I was never a conformist.


Oana Marinescu


Not sure what you mean about the equilibrium between private and professional practice....my life is a combination of all together, these are not separate things.


For about two years, I live in Spain, near the beach: I love their sunny weather, food and warm people. 


This year, I had goals as I was preparing for a competition but this quarantine caught me two weeks out...not sure if I’ll be realistic to hope to compete again as long as gyms are closed at least until July. So, for the moment, I improvise workouts in my back yard, for fun, for the good vibes and to motivate people, I can see it’s hard to stay positive in situations like this.